Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In the beginning...

In the beginning...

there were Grandmothers.  Well, I don't suppose Cain and Able had one, but their kids did--her name was Eve.  I'm willing to bet that Eve missed her lovely garden and the abundant ready-to-eat meals served on trees, since she had to become accustomed to manual labor.  Like baking unleavened bread and weaving her own baskets. 

I was not cut out to be that kind of grandmother--or mother, for that matter.  So instead of being born during biblical times, I was born during the Baby Boom.  I dreamed of growing up to become a famous journalist or politician or a rich artist.

I never dreamed I'd be a grandma. 

But here I am, one of millions of first-time young grandmothers who is trying on this new role.  There are lots of you out there, join me in this journey.  I'll spring for an apron with a little bling.  You bring the unleavened bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment